Thursday, August 4, 2016

Diary of a Struggling Student Entry Four



Aug. 4, 2016

Dear Diary,

Now for the continuation of my story:

“What!  What do you mean the campsite doesn’t exist?

“Haven’t you noticed that things around you are different?” he replied.  “You are not where you think you are and you are in danger!”

My stomach was not doing so well and I knew I was in big trouble.  Something strange had happened and things were different around me.  It was too early to be this dark and I should have reached the path to the campsite a long time ago.  I wasn’t in the water that long.  I asked the question that needed to be asked.  But, I don’t think I really wanted to hear the answer.

“Where am I?” I asked.

“I think if I start from the beginning, it will be easier to understand.  When the pan floated away from you, it was no accident.  It was done to lure you into the water.  Once you reached and lost your balance, they were able to make the water rush and carry you to here.  (I was dying to say, “Who is they?” but, I decided to just listen.)  The water was used to carry you through to this place.  Sort of like a secret passage that only opens when they (There goes that they again!) open it.  No one has ever been able to return.”

I had to interrupt here.  “Are you telling me there are others here?  Where do I find them?  Why haven’t I seen them?”  I now had so many questions.

“The others have all been eliminated.  They were a threat just like you.  I do not know what happens to them, I just know they are no longer here.”  I saw you being pulled into the water and tried to stop you from going in.  But, when you lost your balance and fell in, I kept hanging on.  I think my weight slowed you down and that is why you are here.  The opening, I guess you could say portal, only stays open for a short period of time.  When it closes, the water stops running.  That is why you are here and not with them.  I too am stuck here with you.”

“Stop saying that!  There has to be a way to get out of here.  If there is an opening in, there has to be an opening out.  Where are 'they' now? I asked.

“They must be looking for you.  They probably don’t know why you didn’t make it all the way to them, but they know you are nearby.  That is why you cannot be yelling for your Dad.  If they find you, they will take you away.  You must not go near the water as that is the way they can get to you.”  I think they travel in the water.  We should get away from the stream and into the forest to hide.”

“Okay,” I said.  “But, where do you come from?  How is it you were able to grab on to me?”

“I was once like you.  I went to the water to swim and that is when the water started to flow really fast.  I was in a tube that I had tied a rope on and tied the other end to a tree.  That way once I floated downstream, I could just pull on the rope and go back upstream.  The rope kept me from being swept away but it had enough rope to have me just enter the portal.  Once the water stopped, I tried to pull myself back upstream but I could not get back.  They came looking for me but I stayed out of sight and away from the stream.  I never saw them, but I could hear them and they did not sound nice.  Since then, I have seen others being swept away but I never intervened until I saw you.”

“Exactly how long have you been here?” I asked.

“I do not know, but I know it has been a long time.”  He said.  He looked very sad and I could see in his eyes that it wasn’t good.  You know that look when you don’t want to cry and have to hold it back?

“Well if I knew what they wanted me for it would help,” I said.  “Why do you think they wanted you?”

“We have something that scares them.  I am not sure what it is but I did hear them saying, “Be careful, he is extremely dangerous.” After quite a while they went away.  I heard one of them say, “He must have died in the water and washed away.”  I have been left alone ever since.”

We weren’t very far into the woods when all of a sudden I heard the water start to rush and then a loud voice call, “I know you got out of the water here!  I command you to come to the water now!”

I don’t know what happened but all of a sudden I turned around and started walking back to the water.  The last place I wanted to go was the water.  But, my feet kept moving.  I was going to the water!!!

Ugh! Time for bed, it was just getting good.  I was told I could continue tomorrow and even my mom wants to hear the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment